Thursday 9 January 2014

Winter Sale Haul

The winter sale just started officially in France on 8 January, so we took a quick drive across the border to a mall nearby. At Sephora, there was quite a good selection of sale items from By Terry, MUFE, YSL and Guerlain.

I picked up By Terry Eclat de Rose Sheer Tinted Moisturizer No. 1 Light at just half price, plus Sheer Expert #1 Fair Beige and Gloss Terrybly Shine #5 Wine List, a lovely shimmery deep plum, both at 30% off. Sheer Expert has been on my to-buy list for several months while the Eclat de Rose Sheer Tinted Moisturizer is new to me. I just tried on Eclat de Rose and it's instant love as it looks so incredibly natural and imperceptible on my skin while giving it a more polished and even texture without the made-up look and more opaque coverage of Densiliss.

There were two YSL Pure Chromatics quads on sale, #12 (black/grey/silver) and #6. Naturally, I picked the more colorful #6. While searching for a dirty greyed mauve lipstick, I somehow ended up getting tempted by Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss #72 Controversy from the holiday collection, another deep berry shade to add to my collection. Then I came home and read on Wondegondigo that it applies patchily...sigh. Still, it's sooo pretty.

At L'Occitane, I broke my no-buy on shower gels and picked up several of their offerings for 40% off. Well, go big or go home, right? My husband's response was predictably "Oh. My. Gawd." There's someone who does not appreciate the textural difference between a wobbly shower jelly and a shimmery shower gel. Anyway, I think we are stocked up well till 2015 at least!

While hunting for my baby's Pelsano bath emulsion at a Swiss pharmacy, I spotted the Dior Bird of Paradise collection (Summer 2013) on clearance at half price. I stopped hauling Dior quints last year as I felt that the finishes did not really justify the high price tag. But at 50% off, I couldn't resist getting the Blue Lagoon and Peacock quints for CHF45 each. Dior rarely does teal combinations so I was happy to add these to my collection.



10 comments:

Carina said...

Lovely buys! :) I haven't come across many great deals so far, so I haven't been buying much lately.

Tracy said...

What an awesome haul!!! I lol on your comment re your hubby. Men... *shakes head* do not know what they're missing out on. :-)

~raspy~ said...

Love your "go big, or go home" statement! ^-^

makeupmag said...

Awesome haul, dear! Love your picks and yes to bath & body when it's on discount. It's L'Occitane leh! Re: a dirty mauve (haha, my fave!), I just bought Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet L'Adorée. Caractère and Culte have that cast too. :)

Chris said...

What, great haul! I wish we had sales like this in the U.S.--though I'd probably go broke from it.

Jessica said...

Great haul! I super love your picks and they seem like great products especially the YSL quad and chanel doir ones. Love the colors!

Haru said...

hi Mag,
The L'Occitane shower gels were just 7 to 8 euros each, which is around the regular price of a Body Shop shower gel so I felt they were worth it. Thanks for the lipstick recs, will check them out! I've been missing this Calvin Klein lipstick that I used to have when I first started working. That was about two iterations ago of CK cosmetics, before the current range.

The Driveller Kate said...

All the palettes are so you! Nothing like a bit of summer colour at half price to cheer the end of winter. Hopefully you can make Controversy work because it's truly a stunning shade!

Jacqueline said...

What a satisfying haul! Just looking at all the stuff you bought. I love it when makeup is on sale. I love the YSL palette you bought, really pretty.

Anonymous said...

I always love reading ur blog .. It's not just product review .. It's personal n tells a story on how u love ur life .. Congrats on ur baby! Kids r e best thing happening in our life.