Wednesday 9 October 2013

YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation

YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation is their latest anti-aging foundation, pepped up with their Forever Youth Liberator Serum for skin-firming benefits while offering medium-to-full coverage, 24-hour hydration and SPF 20 coverage. The patented Color Tune-Up Complex supposedly helps to correct dullness, giving you a newer, brighter complexion. In both Switzerland and France, this is available in only 6 shades from B30 to B70 whereas in the US, it comes in 10 shades including lighter shades B10, B20 and BR20. You can see swatches on Beauty Professor. (YSL foundations come in three categories: B for neutral Beige, BD for warm Beige Dore and BR for cool Beige Rose).

The sample of B30 that I received from my local counter looked distinctly yellow-toned on my skin when first applied but fortunately, it blended out quite nicely to a seamless natural finish. Due to the name, I was expecting this to be emollient like YSL's Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation but the Serum Foundation actually transforms quickly into a powder finish on my skin. It has a light cream texture that takes some blending to smooth out over areas with enlarged pores and can be layered easily without caking. It offers at best medium coverage, as some of my darker spots were still visible.

It did not emphasise dry patches but I suspect this will be more suitable for normal to oily skintypes rather than dry skintypes which would appreciate the dewier finish of Le Teint Touche Eclat more. I liked the subtle glow that it gives my skin without feeling greasy and how it evens out the redness. In terms of oil control, it performed better than Le Teint Touche Eclat with my T-zone showing some shine after three hours. There was no visible oxidisation even after eight hours of wear. Overall, I was impressed by the Youth Liberator Serum Foundation. The only drawback is the hefty price tag (€59.50/US$69) which is quite a bit above Le Teint Touche Eclat (€44/US$55).

The pics above were taken under room lighting whereas the pics below were taken near a window in natural daylight. I did not set the foundation with any powder.

The online reviews of this foundation are mixed, which is not surprising as foundations tend to be very subjective depending on your skintype and the climate that you live in. If you are interested in this, do try to obtain a sample first.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes you are so correct! the reviews on web are definitely mixed and confusing! that's why i keep trying to read as many reviews as I can before buying this product. But ofcourse, ill try it first over the counter before buying it. :) thanks for the great review!!

pls check my blog aswell. :) thanks!

xx,
littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com