Saturday 3 April 2010

Hard Candy Ginormous Lash Mascara

While vacationing in Hawaii, I caught sight of a WalMart while we were driving on the highway one day. Instantly, the thought of Hard Candy sprang to mind, and of course we ended up making a stop there. Hard Candy was re-launched as a WalMart-exclusive line in late 2009. The products come in an interesting array of shades at very affordable price points. The Hard Candy display at the WalMart I visited wasn't in the best condition but a few products still caught my eye. The Ginormous Lash Volumising Mascara in Electric Blue was the only one of its kind left on the shelves. It was the bright violet packaging that instantly appealed to me even though I do not usually wear coloured mascara. At just US$6, I figured it was worth trying out.

The tube has an illustration of very lush full lashes but one look at the brush applicator and I knew that this was unlikely to add much volume. I do like the fact that the brush does not come out of the tube all clumped up with product, like most volumising mascaras. It applies very smoothly and cleanly without clumping.

As you can see from the pics, the shade is indeed a vivid blue, adds decent length but not much volume at all to my sparse and thin lashes. There are no fibres and I did not experience any flaking or smudging in the eight hours that I wore it.

Overall, I liked the bright pop of colour that this mascara added to my lashes but the name Ginormous Lash is a misnomer as it does not add much volume at all. Nevertheless, it's a fun mascara to experiment with for a very cheap price!


1 comment:

Kas said...

ok, yes, the name is a misnomer but that is one super pretty shade of blue! so bright and kapow!