Saturday 17 April 2010

EOTD: MAC Bough Grey

From the MAC Give Me Liberty of London collection, I had picked up Birds & Berries eyeshadow during my Hawaii trip. When I got back to Singapore, the collection kept calling my name until I caved and got a few more items. One of these was Bough Grey eyeshadow.


Bough Grey is a Satin, which means it has a very faint glimmer and is not 100% matte. It is described by MAC as a "mid-tone blueish grey" but to me, it looks more like a dusky greyish green. The shade is actually quite unique in the galaxy of MAC eyeshadows. It has good colour payoff and applies and blends smoothly.

Here's a simple look that I did with Bough Grey in the crease and Birds & Berries along the upper lashline with Testimo Bright Up Eye Base as the primer. (Click the photo to view it in the larger version which is clearer).


13 comments:

shopaholic said...

the look is chic, i like it :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the blue and the grey. Hot smoky blue eye :DD

Anonymous said...

The bough grey is very nice!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru, may i know where can i buy that testimo eye base that you are using? Thanks!

Haru said...

hi,
T'estimo is not sold in Singapore anymore as it has been replaced by Coffret D'Or, which I think has a similar eyeshadow primer but I haven't used it before. The Kanebo counters in Singapore used to carry the T'estimo Eye Base but I don't think it's available anymore. Not sure about Japan as I didn't check for it in the drugstores when I was there in early April. Another good primer is Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Vonvon said...

nice combination of colors, can be used for dinner look too.

Lisa R (in the UK) said...

This looks gorgeous on you, Iris!

Lynn.TrinketsLove said...

Birds & Berries is a really pretty colour! So sad I couldnt get it as it got sold out very fast in this Liberty collection...

clara said...

it's great. makes me feel like picking up bough grey too, but i'll try to find something in my stash first. thanks.

dark nyx said...

Wow, I love this look. I'm tempted to get the shadows too now.

BeautyOnTheWay said...

I tried the dark blue eyeshadow at tangs on last Friday, love it and was told out of stock islandwide, hmmm... Where can I get it now? Haru, do u think it's similar to NARS Cleo?

Haru said...

hi,
Birds & Berries is quite similar to NARS Cleo. The Liberty collection was only available at the two Tangs MAC counters and both are sold out of it. If you really want it, perhaps you can try Ebay or ordering online through VPost/Borderlinx from Nordstrom.com (not sure if it's still in stock there)?

BeautyOnTheWay said...

Thanks, in this case I'll save the money on this as I have already had Cleo and I love it very much. : )